IBM Certified Administrator - Sterling Connect:Direct
Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for administrators and implementers who are responsible for configuring, troubleshooting and deploying IBM Sterling Connect:Direct with focus on the Microsoft Windows 4.6 and UNIX 4.1 platforms. Some basic understanding of the z/OS 5.1 platform is required.
These technical professionals are also required to have conceptual understanding of the Microsoft Windows, UNIX, z/OS Operating Systems.
An administrator or implementer who passes this exam is able to install and configure IBM Sterling Connect:Direct, and provide:
- knowledge of the Sterling Connect:Direct components that interact with the user interface that allows submission, execution and monitoring of Sterling Connect:Direct.
- a comprehensive set of managed file transfer capabilities to facilitate data growth, use of automation, reduce security risk, and improve IT and business efficiency.
- an understanding of secure connections between trading partners with customers, suppliers and business partners.
- visibility and tracking of business data with customers, suppliers and business partners.
- visibility for status of sent and received business transactions.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Before preparing for this certification, the following knowledge and skills are recommended and assumed:
- conceptual understanding of operating systems
- basic understanding of firewalls, load balancers and high availability (clustering)
- basic understanding of network connectivity
- basic understanding security, certificates and encryption
In preparing for this certification, the following IBM course(s) are recommended to further improve your skills:
- 6T705G: IBM Sterling Connect:Direct for UNIX Fundamentals
- 6T710G: IBM Sterling Connect:Direct for Microsoft Windows Fundamentals
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.