IBM Certified Solution Implementer - WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances Firmware V5.0
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 11/30/2015.
This intermediate level certification is intended for solution implementers who are responsible for developing, configuring, troubleshooting and deploying solutions using IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances. This includes the WebSphere DataPower Service Gateway and the WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance, both physical and virtual.
These solution implementers are also required to have conceptual understanding of the WebSphere DataPower B2B Appliance. They are not required to know WebSphere DataPower XC10 (caching) Appliance.
These solution implementers are able to configure IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances to:
- accelerate XML and non-XML processing.
- secure SOA implementations.
- integrate heterogeneous systems
- enable monitoring and service-level management for SOA governance.
To attain the IBM Certified Solution Implementer - WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances, Firmware V5.0 certification, candidates must possess the skills outlined under Recommended Prerequisites below and pass 1 test. To prepare for this test, based on the job role and test objectives, click the link to Test C2180-274 in the Requirements section below, and refer to the Test preparation tab.
Note: Approximately 35% of the test questions on Test C2180-274 are the same as on Test C2180-609: IBM WebSphere Datapower SOA Appliances Firmware V3.8.1, Solution Implementation
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification)
Basic knowledge of
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, load balancing, packet tracing and failover)
- PKI (Digital certificates, Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL), SSL)
- Transports (IMS Connect, WebSphere MQ, JMS, FTP, SFTP and HTTP)
- XML (XSD, XSLT/XPath)
- Web services (SOAP, WSDL and WS-Policy)
- Web services security (WS-Security, XML encryption and XML digital signature)
- Identity management software and protocols (Kerberos, LDAP, OAuth and SAML)
- SOA Governance (web services management and registries)
- Data mapping and transformations
- Operations Management (logging and monitoring)
- Enterprise Architecture (Cloud, SOA and Enterprise Security)
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed.