Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level Solution Designer is an individual with significant product knowledge who understands the concepts of asynchronous messaging and can plan and architect software solutions involving IBM WebSphere MQ V7.0, design applications based on it, and demonstrate knowledge and experience with a wide variety of WebSphere MQ platforms.
It is expected that this Solution Designer will be generally self-sufficient and able to perform the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance.
To attain the IBM Certified Solution Designer - WebSphere MQ V7.0 certification, candidates must possess the skills outlined under Recommended Prerequisites below and pass 1 test. To prepare for this test, based on the job role and test objectives, click the link to Test 000-376 below, and refer to the Test preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Note: Knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification)
- Significant practical experience in application and solution design.
- Experience with transaction management and database products.
- Experience in prototyping Information Technology solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of basic programming concepts.
- Knowledge and experience of data communications and networking.
- Knowledge of Information Technology security concepts.
- Ability to gather business requirements and to translate those requirements into Information Technology solutions.
- Skills in implementing systems on multiple computing platforms (e.g., z/OS).
- Awareness of High Availability features in a solution design.
- Familiarity with sources of information about IBM WebSphere MQ (e.g., Information Center, manuals).
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed