IBM Certified Solution Developer - WebSphere Integration Developer V6.2
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 11/30/2014.
This intermediate level certification is intended for integration (solution) developers who are responsible for the successful development and deployment of integration applications and mediation flows consistent with a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using WebSphere Integration Developer to develop applications based on WebSphere Process Server.
Working with Service Components, Interfaces and Business Objects, the developer builds integration solutions. For integration applications, the integration (solution) developer creates business processes utilizing Service Component Architecture (SCA) components. For mediation flows, the integration (solution) developer uses primitives to mediate Service Message Objects.
The integration (solution) developer promotes component and service reuse through effective use of business integration libraries, integration and mediation modules, and through the creation and configuration of Service Component Architecture (SCA) imports and exports. The developer needs basic knowledge of adapters to integrate with Enterprise Information Systems.
During development and deployment, the integration (solution) developer may work closely with Business Analysts, Application Developers, System Administrators and Application Administrators.
To attain the IBM Certified Solution Developer - WebSphere Integration Developer V6.2, candidates must pass 1 test. To gain additional knowledge and skills, and prepare for this test based on the job role and test objectives, take the link to the test below, and refer to the Test Preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification; skills not measured on the exam)
- Experience with Java
- Basic understanding of Java EE (Java Enterprise Edition)
- Good understanding of Web Services technologies (WSDL)
- Good understanding of basic concepts of SOA
- Good understanding of Business Process Management (BPM)
Note: Topics NOT covered in the exam:
- Lotus Forms
- WebSphere Portal
- WebSphere Business Modeler
- WebSphere Business Events
- WebSphere Business Services Fabric
- WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
- WebSphere Business Monitor
- WebSphere ILOG Business Rules Management System (BRMS)
- WebSphere Transformation Extender
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
Note: This test will be available worldwide on December 18, 2009.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.