Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 04/30/2013. The most current certification is: IBM Certified Advanced System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5
This certification is for experienced Domino 7 system administrators or system administrators new to Domino and who need to plan, install, set up, and manage Lotus Domino 8 servers and users, including configuring Domino Web servers. The IBM Certified Advanced System Administrator - Lotus Notes Domino 8 should be able to perform tasks associated with the IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 8, and demonstrate knowledge of Domino Web server administration including configuring Web protocols (HTTP, LDAP, IMAP, and others), understanding HTTP rules and how they effect Web traffic, and configuring Internet certificates (SSL).
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Domino and DB2 Integration
- Installation and configuration
- Mail and messaging
- Management and maintenance
- Management of servers
- Defining Domino attributes
- Understanding, configuring, and managing security
This certification has 2 paths.
The first path requires 1 certification plus 2 tests.
1. IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 7
1. Test LOT-739 - IBM Lotus Domino 7 Configuring Domino Web Servers
2. Test LOT-802 - IBM Lotus Notes Domino 8 System Administration Update
Note that if a candidate passes test LOT-802 and holds advanced certification in System Administration 7 as a result of passing test LOT-739, then they will receive advanced certification in System Administration 8.
The second path requires 1 certification plus 1 test.
1. IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 8
1. Test LOT-840 - IBM Lotus Notes Domino 8 Configuring Domino Web Servers