IBM Certified Application Developer - Lotus Notes and Domino 8
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 06/30/2013. The most current certification is: IBM Certified Application Developer - Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5
This certification is for experienced Notes Domino 7 application developers or application developers new to developing Domino applications and who will be using Domino Designer 8. In contrast with the associate application developer certification, this certification requires a deeper understanding of architectural concepts, and the use of more complex functions and features.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
The IBM Certified Application Developer - Lotus Notes Domino 8 should be able to demonstrate the skills required to:
- build and modify single and multi-database applications
- employ advanced formula techniques
- employ methods for accessing data sources (Domino and non-Domino)
- employ workflow functionality used to route documents
- implement security requirements
- use navigation elements such as links, outlines, pages and framesets
- build Lotus Domino 8 applications that are Web-enabled
- understand the concepts dealing with the structure, planning, creation, and deployment of Composite Applications as they relate to Lotus Notes 8 clients.
There were 2 paths for this certification.
Path 1 required 3 tests:
1. Test LOT-834 - IBM Lotus Notes Domino 8 Application Development Foundation Skills
2. Test LOT-835 - IBM Lotus Notes Domino 8 Application Development Intermediate Skills
3. Test LOT-836 - IBM Lotus Notes Domino 8 Developing Web Applications
Path 2 required 1 certification + 1 test.
Certification - one of the following:
1. IBM Certified Application Developer - Lotus Notes and Domino 7
Test LOT-801 - IBM Lotus Notes Domino 8 Application Development Update