Job Role Description / Target Audience
The IBM Certified Database Administrator is the lead database administrator (DBA) for the DB2 9 product on the z/OS operating system. This individual has significant experience as a DBA and extensive knowledge of the DB2 9, specifically the new features and functionality related to Version 9. This specialist is capable of performing the intermediate to advanced tasks related to database design and implementation, operation and recovery, security and auditing, performance, and installation and migration/upgrades specific to the z/OS operating system.
To attain the IBM Certified Database Administrator - DB2 9 DBA for z/OS Certification candidates must possess the skills outlined under Recommended Prerequisite Skills below and pass 2 tests. To gain additional knowledge and skills, and prepare for the tests based on the job role and test objectives, take the link to the test below, and refer to the Test Preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this role-based certification)
- Experience as a database administrator on DB2 9 for z/OS
- At least two years experience in database administration for the z/OS operating system
- Some knowledge and experience in both the application DBA and system programming DBA areas
- Knowledge of major programming languages (such as COBOL, Java, and C++)
- Capability to work independently and effectively in complex environments
This certification requires 2 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- Any 1 of the following tests:
- Test 000-700 - DB2 V8.1 Family Fundamentals
- Test 000-730 - DB2 9 Family Fundamentals
- Test 000-732 - DB2 9 DBA for z/OS