Job Role Description / Target Audience
The IBM Certified Technical Sales Expert - Power Systems with POWER7 - v1 is the key technical liaison between the customer, the Power Family solution sales person that represents the IBM product line, and IBM. He or she works with equal ease in both AIX and IBM i situations. The successful candidate is able to determine customer requirements including growth, understand the components of a TCO analysis, provides ongoing technical assistance to sales and account team, understands competitive offerings, and can size and determine the appropriate customer solutions (including solutions for server consolidation/virtualization).
In addition, the successful candidate is expected to understand the capabilities and limitations of the Power Systems technologies, understands and participate in the TDA process, and possesses knowledge across range of IBM software products.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- At least 12-24 months in a Technical Sales job role with the following experience:
- Strong Power Systems (POWER7) product and architecture knowledge
- Broad Systems Software knowledge, including AIX, IBM i, Systems Director, PowerVM and PowerHA
- Excellent skills in designing solutions (including virtualization solutions) to support customer requirements
- Ability to differentiate Power Systems against the competition
- Knowledge of pre-sales technical support resources and when each is appropriate
- Strong migration planning skills
- Strong system management skills
This certification requires 3 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- Test 000-106 - Power Systems with POWER7 Common Technical Sales Skills - v1
- Test 000-979 - Power Systems with POWER7 and IBM i Technical Sales Skills - v1
- Test 000-107 - Power Systems with POWER7 and AIX Technical Sales Skills - v1