IBM Certified Systems Expert - Virtualization Technical Support for AIX and Linux - v2
Job Role Description / Target Audience
The IBM Certified Systems Expert - Virtualization Technical Support for AIX and Linux -v2 provides technical support for IBM Virtualization technologies. This Certified Systems Expert provides technical expertise to internal or external customers in the design, implementation and management of virtualized environments. The successful candidate can plan a virtualized environment from the beginning stages through installation and on-going support, and can determine which virtualization technology is appropriate to a given solution. This person is skilled in various implementation, migration, and mobility tasks. He or she can determine which environments are suitable to given requirements and is aware of software licensing requirements related to a virtualized environment.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- 12-18 months planning, designing, implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting solutions which leverage IBM virtualization technologies.
- Strong experience with the full complement of PowerVM capabilities at all Edition levels.
- Experience managing and administering virtualized environments on IBM Power Systems servers, especially POWER7-based technologies.
- Understands SAN concepts at a high level and can communicate storage requirements effectively.
- Has strong Ethernetworking experience and understands High Availability concepts.
- Completion of recommended education.
- Earn prerequisite System Administration (test #104)
- Achieving the Enterprise Technical Support certifications is strongly recommended.
This certification requires 2 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
Any 1 of the following tests:
Test C4040-104 - AIX 6.1 Administration