Job Role Description / Target Audience
The IBM Certified Systems Expert - Enterprise Technical Support for AIX and Linux -v2 supports complex, partitioned POWER6 and POWER7 environments. The successful candidate has the skills to plan, install, configure and manage IBM's enterprise-class Power Systems servers (e.g. 770, 780, 795) including the ability to:
- gather functional requirements and translate them into comprehensive system designs
- have the ability to plan for AIX, Linux and IBM i installations
- perform implementations
- plan and implement maintenance and upgrade projects.
The successful candidate can perform administrative and diagnostic activities needed to support multiple environments, and lead Administrators in complex administrative and management tasks unique to large system environments.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
The successful candidate should have at least 2 years experience with current Power Systems servers in a highly virtualized environment, across the entire range of products, from lowest to highest, with at least 1 year supporting large / complex servers (e.g. 770, 780, 795).
Achieving the AIX System Administration certification is a requirement for attaining the Enterprise Technical Support certification.
Achieving the Power Systems Virtualization certification is strongly recommended.
This certification requires 2 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- Any 1 of the following tests:
- Test 000-104 - AIX 6.1 Administration
- Test 000-221 - AIX 7 Administration
- Test 000-108 - Enterprise Technical Support for AIX and Linux -v2