IBM Certified System Administrator - AIX 7
Job Role Description / Target Audience
The successful candidate has at least 2 years experience administering AIX in a variety of environments, including virtualized systems, small business and enterprise-class data centers. The AIX 7 administrator has strong networking and device management skills. Additionally, the AIX administrator leads and mentors less experienced administrators and operators in their daily tasks.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
The qualified candidate is expected to have skills in the following areas:
- Configure and manage networking in AIX
- Manage and configure VIO client partitions
- Manage devices
- Manage storage
- Use HMC and SDMC to manage system resources
- Perform user administration tasks (such as limiting resources, creating/using groups, etc).
- Have strong knowledge of system backup and recovery
- Have strong and AIX installation and maintenance skills
- Configuring and managing system security
- Use NIM, WPAR Manager and Systems Director (base product)
- Understand PowerVM components such as AME, AMS, Shared Processor Pools, etc.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.