Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 08/31/2013.
This advanced level certification is intended for system administrators who are able to understand the complexities of infrastructure design and maintenance, analyze architecture and security issues, and perform advanced troubleshooting. This administrator is expected to identify performance bottlenecks, provide administrative solutions where appropriate, and be able to develop scripting solutions for common administrative tasks using the Jython language.
This administrator will be generally self-sufficient, and be able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services, even in complex situations. This administrator should also be able to interact with application developers, assemblers and deployers to understand the specific application requirements and provide mentoring guidance.
In addition, it is expected that this advanced system administrator is able to perform all of the tasks of an IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Application Server, Network Deployment V6.1.
To attain the IBM Certified Advanced System Administrator - WebSphere Application Server, Network Deployment V6.1, candidates must possess the skills outlined under the Recommended Prerequisite Skills below and pass 1 test. To gain additional knowledge and skills, and prepare for the tests based on the job role and test objectives, take the link to the test below, and refer to the Test Preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification)
Thorough understanding of:
- Application serving infrastructure design and maintenance, architecture and security issues, and advanced troubleshooting
Good understanding of:
- J2EE technologies (e.g. JDBC, JMS, JNDI, JTA, JAAS)
- J2EE application model (e.g. EJBs, JSP, HTTP sessions, servlets)
- HTTP server administration
- System administration of at least one operating system (e.g. Windows, UNIX)
- Basic Internet concepts (e.g. firewalls, Web browsers, TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP)
- Standard markup languages such as XML and HTML
- Jython scripting language as used to configure and manage WebSphere through administrative objects
- WebSphere Platform Messaging (WPM) implementation
Basic Knowledge of:
- Web services (e.g. SOAP, UDDI, WSDL, WS-*specifications)
- Network management tools (e.g. WebSEAL, ITCAM)
- SQL and Relational databases (e.g. DB2, Oracle)
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.