IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Portal 7.0
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 07/31/2014. The most current certification is: IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Portal 8.0
This intermediate level certification is intended for system administrators who perform the installation, configuration, and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring a smooth and efficient operation of a WebSphere Portal 7.0 environment. This administrator is generally self-sufficient and is able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and/or support services.
The candidate must possess the requisite skills needed to perform the following administration task areas associated with WebSphere Portal 7.0 prior to attempting the certification exam(s):
- Architecting a Portal Solution
- Installing and Configuring
- Managing Security
- Customizing and Administering
- Maintaining and Monitoring
- Portal Content Management
- Troubleshooting and Serviceability
- Integrating Your Business
- Migration and Other Concepts
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
The prerequisite knowledge and skills one needs before beginning to prepare for this job role certification include:
- Basic WebSphere Portal administration skills, including experience with a WebSphere Application Server and JVM environments, databases and security
- Basic understanding of operating systems
- Troubleshooting and problem determination skills
There are 2 paths for this certification. One path is the upgrade path from IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM WebSphere Portal V6.1.
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
This upgrade path requires 1 certification and 1 test:
1 . Certification: IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM WebSphere Portal V6.1
2. Test C2040-910 IBM WebSphere Portal 7.0 Deployment and Administration Update
This path requires 2 tests:
1. Test C2040-920 IBM WebSphere Portal 7.0 Deployment and Administration
2. Test C2040-921 IBM WebSphere Portal 7.0 Migration and Support
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.