Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for system administrators who perform the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth, reliable and efficient operation of a WebSphere Application Server runtime environment.
- architectural components
- product installation and configuration
- installation and deployment of Java enterprise applications
- connection to back-end resources
- configuration of WebSphere messaging
- configuration of security
- development of scripts for task automation
- system monitoring and gathering data for performance tuning
- back-up and recovery of configuration
- flexible management (e.g., job manager)
- high availability and clustering
This administrator is generally self-sufficient and is able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
To attain the IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V8.0 certification, candidates must possess the skills outlined under Recommended Prerequisites below and pass 1 test. To prepare for this test, based on the job role and test objectives, click the link to Test 000-317 below, and refer to the Test preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(*Knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification; skills not measured on test)
- basic Java Enterprise Edition 6 knowledge
- basic Web application architecture and deployments
- network and operating system security concepts
- network or operating system administration and problem determination skills
- understanding of operating systems
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed