IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0
Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for system administrators who perform the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of a WebSphere Application Server runtime environment.
- product installation and configuration
- installation and deployment of Java enterprise applications
- connection to back-end resources
- configuration of WebSphere messaging
- configuration of security
- development of scripts for automating day-to-day tasks
- system monitoring and gathering data for performance tuning
- back-up and recovery
This administrator is generally self-sufficient and is able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
To attain the IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0 certification, candidates must possess the skills outlined under Recommended Prerequisites below and pass 1 test. To prepare for this test, based on the job role and test objectives, click the link to Test 000-377 below, and refer to the Test preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification; skills not measured on the exam)
- Java Enterprise Edition 5 knowledge
- network and operating system security concepts
- basic Web application architecture and deployments
- understanding of operating systems
- server clustering and failover techniques
- network or operating system administration and problem determination skills
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed