Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for solution developers who are responsible for using IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software V7.5 and IBM WebSphere Application Server V7.0 to discover, develop, build, deploy, test and publish Web services and clients which use Java EE 5 and corresponding WS-* standards.
This certification does not specifically test for Web and EJB development, and Service-oriented architecture (SOA) design techniques, except as they relate to Web services. Other IBM certification offerings specifically address or will address these areas.
To attain the IBM Certified Solution Developer - Web Services for WebSphere Application Server V7.0, candidates must possess the skills outlined under the Recommended Prerequisite Skills below and pass 1 test. To gain additional knowledge and skills, and prepare for the tests based on the job role and test objectives, click on the link to the test below, and refer to the Test Preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Note: Knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification)
- Basic knowledge of IBM WebSphere Application Server V7.0
- Java EE 5 development skills
- An understanding of the key concepts of Internet security
- Proficiency with XML technologies including XML Schema and namespaces
- Proficiency with core Web services standards including WSDL, UDDI and SOAP
- Web services development experience using IBM Rational Application Developer V7.5
- Knowledge of bindings for SOAP, such as HTTP and JMS
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed