Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 12/31/2012. The most current certification is: IBM Certified Solution Developer - Web Services Development for WebSphere Application Server V7.0
This intermediate level certification is intended for solution developers who are responsible for using IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software V7 and WebSphere Application Server V6.1 to discover, develop, build, deploy, test and publish J2EE 1.4 Web services, and to support the development of clients that access them.
This certification does not specifically test for Web and EJB(TM) development, and Service-oriented architecture (SOA) design techniques, except as they relate to Web services. Other IBM certification offerings specifically address or will address these areas.
To attain the IBM Certified Solution Developer - Web Services Development for WebSphere Application Server V6.1, candidates must possess the skills outlined under the Recommended Prerequisite Skills below and pass 1 test.To gain additional knowledge and skills, and prepare for the tests based on the job role and test objectives, take the link to the test below, and refer to the Test Preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification)
- Web services development experience using IBM Rational Application Developer V7.0
- J2EE 1.4 development skills
- An understanding of the key concepts of Internet security
- Basic understanding of WS-* standards
- Proficiency with XML technologies including XML Schema and namespaces
- Proficiency with core Web services standards including WSDL, UDDI and SOAP
- Knowledge of bindings for SOAP, such as HTTP, HTTPS and JMS
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- 000-807 - Web Services Development for IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.1