Business agility in Energy & Utilities
Changing regulatory requirements, high cost of energy, increasing consumer demands grid security are just some of the many challenges Energy & Utility organizations face today:
- Slow customer service response time for interactions such as connect and disconnect, reduced billing errors, usage tracking and management.
- Manual, time consuming business processes and lack of visibility into process performance.
- Tightly coupled applications and inflexible infrastructure that are non-compliant with open industry standards.
Where we can help
WebSphere solutions help Energy & Utility providers integrate long-running end-to-end business processes that span multiple applications across complex heterogeneous, legacy IT environments. IBM offers a vendor-agnostic, scalable, flexible and secure approach.
- Streamline business processes, such as meter-to-cash, to allow utilities to reduce operational costs and integrate utility communications infrastructure.
- Improve demand response and home-energy management to enable new consumer behavior that reduces the need for peak generation and grid capacity.
- Adopt leading IT and Energy & Utilities industry standards based on International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) industry integration standards (IEC 61970 and IEC 61968) and National Institute of Standards and Technology's (NIST) business processes.
Popular downloads in Energy & Utilities
Business agility in outage management for energy & utilities
Learn about an efficient and agile to outage management using business process management (BPM), decision management and customer communications technologies.
Customer service power play
Discover how Energy & Utilities can enhance subscriber care with smarter interactions.
Energy & Utilities video
Transform insight into action to build a smarter grid. Explore the various ways that enhanced decision management capabilities and real-time visibility into processes can help Energy & Utility (E&U) leaders respond faster to meter events, customer demands, and much more to meet the industry's unique challenges.
Generate Smart Grid solutions
Proactively identify and resolve power outages, fraud, and security issues. Learn how an Intelligent Utility Network with business event processing can help utilities detect outages, improve grid security, and prevent fraudulent use of energy.
Transform meter-to-cash processes
The IBM meter-to-cash solution helps to automate and optimize billing, customer interface and distribution processes for efficiency, agility and operational savings.
Case Studies Energy & Utilities
WebSphere Energy & Utilities and product pages
IBM Smart Grid
IBM PureSystems and WebSphere Industry solutions
Listen to IBM industry experts explain how the new PureSystems offerings can help industries more rapidly respond to customer’s evolving needs while reducing IT complexity and costs.