IBM System z Mastery test
For a limited time, the Academic Initiative is offering the IBM System z Mastery test (a $95 value) at no charge. This worldwide opportunity ends 13 Dec 2014. Your school must be an active IBM Academic Initiative member school for you to participate in this offering. It is up to the discretion of the Academic Initiative System z program to limit this offer and prioritize the distribution of worldwide requests.
What is the IBM System z Mastery test?
The IBM System z Mastery test is a proficiency exam for entry-level system-programmer tasks that can be taken at over 5000 authorized Pearson VUE sites around the world.
It verifies the knowledge contained in IBM Introduction to the New Mainframe: z/OS Basics. This textbook provides information-systems-technology students with the background, information, and skills necessary to begin using the basic facilities of a mainframe computer.
The instructor version is included with the materials for the "Introduction to the Mainframe—z/OS Basics" course. Educators who are members of IBM Academic Initiative System z program can download the textbook and its teaching aids from the Courseware Repository. The student version is available with self-help materials on the IBM Systems site.
Test topic areas
- Introduction to z/OS and the mainframe environment
- Application programming on z/OS
- Online workloads for z/OS
- System programming on z/OS
- Number of questions: 73
- Time allowed: 90 minutes
- Required passing score: 71%
- Format: multiple choice
See the Test P4070-005: IBM System z and z/OS Fundamentals Mastery Test for more information.
Why is the IBM System z Mastery test important?
This worldwide mastery test provides an avenue for students to prove their z/OS knowledge and expertise and to distinguish themselves from other job candidates.
- Passing a mastery exam is a tremendous accomplishment.
- Businesses all over the world are hiring students with z/OS mainframe knowledge.
- Passing the z/OS Mastery test can open doors of Fortune 1000 companies around the world.
- IT industry analysts consider the z/OS Mastery test the standard for entering the mainframe job market.