An IBM professsional certification validates skills and demonstrates proficiency in the latest IBM technology and solutions. Academic Initiative members can request a 50% discount for themselves and their students on IBM professional certification tests, offered at Pearson VUE centers worldwide.
We also offer ways to help your students take the IBM DB2 Academic Associate Exam or the IBM System z Mastery Test at no charge. Find out more about these special offers!
How to receive a discount
Discounts of 50% are available to Academic Initiative members and their students, and are only valid for the tests listed on this page. If you are an Academic Initiative member, follow these steps to request and receive a discount.
- Find a discounted test. Follow the links below to learn more about the test you need.
- Complete the certification discount request form. The request may take up to 4 weeks to process and you will receive an approval by email.
- Schedule the test with Pearson VUE. Use the promotional code that you receive in your approval email (or take the voucher you receive by mail to the test center with you).
- Business Analytics tests
- Commerce tests
- Connectivity and Integration tests
- Enterprise Content Management tests
Information Management tests
IBM DB2 9 for LUW
Test 000-730: DB2 9 Fundamentals
- Test 000-541: DB2 9.7 DBA for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- Test 000-543: DB2 9.7 Application Developer
- Test 000-544: DB2 9.7 Advanced DBA for Linux, UNIX and Windows
Test 000-545: DB2 9.7 SQL Procedure Solution Developer
- Test 000-731: DB2 9 DBA for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- Test 000-733: DB2 9 Application Developer
- Test 000-734: DB2 9 Advanced DBA for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- Test 000-735: DB2 9.5 SQL Procedure Developer
- Test 000-919: System Administration for Informix 11.70
- Test 000-555: Informix 11.50 Fundamentals
- Test 000-556: Informix 11.50 Application Developer
- Test 000-918: System Administration for IBM Informix 11
DB2 for z/OS
- Test 000-730: DB2 9 Fundamentals
- Power Systems tests
- Rational tests
- Tivoli tests
- IBM DB2 Academic Associate Exam
This IBM DB2 Academic Associate program was developed specifically for the academic community to teach database concepts using DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows. Use the classroom-ready DB2 Academic Associate Preparation Course material to educate your students and better prepare them for the job market. Students who successfully complete an approved classroom course can receive no-charge testing if an IBM proctor is available. Students who pass the exam are emailed a certificate certifying they have earned the title of IBM DB2 Academic Associate: DB2 Database and Application Fundamentals.
- IBM System z Mastery Test
Educators can help students get this valuable credential with our resources that assist you in planning and teaching a mainframe course based on the IBM z/OS system. If students are not able to take a formal System z mainframe course, they can use our self-study resources to prepare on their own.